About a year ago we quit buying frozen pizza and have never turned back. We now only make fresh pizza in our home. Pillsbury recently introduced a new refrigerated Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain. I was very excited to try this pizza crust because we recently started to introduce more whole grains into our diets. Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain has 16 grams of whole grain per serving.
We tend to make sausage pizza in our home because my hubby is outnumbered 3-1 when it comes to pizza toppings. The great thing about making homemade pizza is that you can customize your pie! My hubby often puts mushrooms and olives on a 1/3 of the pizza but we went for an all sausage pizza this time. To be sure our crust was nice and crisp, we first baked the Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust for eight minutes. We then removed from the oven and added the pizza sauce, sausage, and mozzarella cheese.
Our finished product was baked to perfection. The crust was golden brown and just the right amount of crispy! Both of our boys gobbled up the pizza. They had no clue we were eating pizza crust with whole grains. We had a couple of pieces left over and when I reheated them in the oven, my one year old came a running. He was not going to miss out on more of this pizza!
The cookie sheet I was provided for this review is very nice and I felt terrible using the pizza cutter on it. I have a rectangular shaped baking stone and will be baking my next homemade pizza on it and save my cookie sheet for dessert!
Save $1.25 with this coupon when you purchase any Pillsbury Refrigerated Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain. Now available in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store!
Win It! ******CLOSED******
One lucky reader at The Children’s Nook are going to win a Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain Prize Pack. This prize includes an oven mit, cookie sheet, pizza cutter, FREE product coupon for Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain, and a $10 VISA Gift Card! Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment sharing which pizza toppings you would add to the Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Google+ (2 entries)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow me on Pinterest (2 entries)
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow Pillsbury on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “Enter to #win a @Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain VISA Gift Card Prize Pack @childrensnook http://wp.me/pX9wg-1Mq #myblogspark” (You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (2 entry)
- “Like” Pillsbury on Facebook (2 entry)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog (1 entry)
- Post a link to this giveaway on your Facebook page or Blog about this giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
Congrats to Becca on Random.org choosing her winning comment!
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on September 20, 2012. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Pillsbury provided me with product info and a Pillsbury Artisan Pizza Crust with Whole Grain prize pack via My Blog Spark for review purposes. All opinions are mine alone.