When the World Was Waiting for You is a heartwarming story that will let your child know how special he or she is and how much you anticipated his or her arrival! This adorable book sparked great conversation between my son and I regarding the celebration of his birth and all of the anticipation and preparation that took place before his arrival. When the World Was Waiting for You is also a fabulous book for soon to be older brothers and sisters. You can use this book to talk about how special their births were and also talk about how your children can help you prepare for the new baby.
Not only is this story super sweet, but the illustrations are absolutely precious. Anna Currey’s illustrations and Gillian Shields’ words combine to tell a loving story that bring back sweet memories of each of my babies. This is the perfect book to cuddle up with your little one for some one on one time! When the World Was Waiting for You would make a fabulous baby shower gift. It is never to early to start building a child’s personal library!
You can purchase When the World Was Waiting for You online at many retailers such as, Amazon and Barnes & Noble. This book is eligible for free shipping at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble when you make a $25 purchase.
Win It! *******CLOSED*******
One lucky reader at The Children’s Nook is going to win a copy of When the World Was Waiting for You. Mandatory Entry: Visit Bloomsbury Kids and come back here to leave me a comment with another book you would love to own.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Google+ (2 entries)
- Follow me on Pinterest (2 entries)
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “Enter to win a When the World Was Waiting for You #Giveaway @childrensnook http://wp.me/pX9wg-1Gw” (You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (1 entry)
- “Like” Bloomsbury Kids on Facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog (1 entry)
- Post a link to this giveaway on your Facebook page or Blog about this giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
- If you pinned or shared the Baby Event post before June 19th (1 entry)
Congrats to Tandra Ahrens on Random.org choosing her winning comment!
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on July 24, 2012. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Bloomsbury and Walker Books for Young Readers provided me with a copy of When the World Was Waiting for You for review purposes. All opinions are mine alone and based off of my experience with the product I reviewed.