I am a huge fan of Etsy because you can find fabulous and unique handmade gifts for any occasion. My favorite occasion tends to be the, that is so awesome, I must have it occasion. Hannah Abbot is the artist behind the fun Etsy shop, hannahroo. She creates one of a kind pinback buttons and magnets by upcycling images from old books, fabrics, and more.
My original thought when I first discovered the Thomas and Friends magnets at hannahroo, was that these magnets would make really fun party favors. I have yet to meet a child who does not love magnets! When our Thomas and Friends magnets arrived, my son loved them so much that he asked if he could keep them. Needless to say, these adorable hannahroo magnets quickly became my son’s first birthday present. Based off of my son’s love of these magnets, my advice would be to buy two sets of magnets so your child can keep one and then give out the remaining magnets!
My 4-year-old proudly hangs up all of his art work with his Thomas and Friends magnets from hannahroo. These really are great quality magnets. They are well made and hold up his art very well. I usually use more magnets than necessary to hang up his art just to be sure they don’t fall off the fridge from all of the slamming of doors my boys love to do so much!
Hannahroo also has stylish magnet sets that look great in any home or office setting. I have the Kio Carp Japanese origami rice paper magnet set and I alternate keeping them on my magnetic board in our laundry/mud room and on our refrigerator. I absolutely love the vivid turquoise color of these magnets! I am a photo junkie so these super fun magnets are the perfect way for me to display a few new photos on any magnetic surface I can find! Hannahroo magnets as well as the pins would make a great gift for your child’s teacher. They also happen to be the perfect size to fit into Easter eggs, Christmas stockings, and many more creative places, so you may want to take note for future holidays!
Individual and sets of buttons and magnets are available for purchase online at hannahroo. You can even combine several individual pieces to create a custom set!
Win It! ******CLOSED******
One lucky reader at The Children’s Nook is going to win his or her choice of two sets of magnets or pins from hannahroo! Mandatory Entry: Visit the hannahroo Etsy shop and come back here to leave me a comment sharing which item is your favorite.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- New! Follow The Children’s Nook on Google+ (2 entries)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow hannahroo on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “#Win two sets of magnets or pins from @hannahroo_etsy during the @childrensnook Birthday Bash! http://wp.me/pX9wg-1zP” (Leave a link to your tweet. You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- Follow me on Pinterest (2 entries)
- Follow hannahroo on Pinterest (2 entries)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (2 entries)
- “Like” hannahroo on Facebook (2 entries)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog and leave a comment here telling me which post you commented on (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook, Pinterest or your Blog and post a link to your post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
- If you pinned the Birthday Bash post before May 1st (1 entry)
Congrats to Amy V on Random.org choosing her winning comment!
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on June 3, 2012. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Hannahroo provided two sets of magnets and a few buttons for review purposes. All opinions are mine alone.