This month I have a book for you that will thrill little dinosaur lovers as well as intrigue those who know very little about dinosaurs. Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! takes the reader swooping, gliding, and stomping on an exploration. Author, Margaret Mayo introduces young readers to all different types of dinosaurs. Of course some dinosaur are predators, but Mayo does a great job of keeping this book light-hearted by having the reader imagine the dinosaurs marching in a parade where no fighting was allowed. The illustrations by Alex Ayliffe also provide a colorful view of each dinosaur in the book.
I personally love this book because it makes me look like a dinosaur expert in my son’s eyes! And how do you ask is this possible? The inside of the front and back cover has pictures of all of the dinosaurs in the book. Below each picture is the name of the dinosaur. But wait, it gets better! Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! also helps you pronounce the dinosaur names correctly by listing the phonetic spelling of each of the dinosaur’s names. When you are reading to your child about the gliding Pteranodon, you can pronounce the dinosaur’s name with confidence that you are saying it correctly. You won’t have to dread turning to the page that explains how the Plesiosaurus loves to zoom through the water because you will actually know how to pronounce the dinosaur’s name! Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! has been a great source of entertainment for my son. I am no expert on dinosaurs, so I also found it fun to learn along with my son. My son and I can actually name a dinosaur when we see a picture of one now. I don’t know if any of your kid’s watch the Dinosaur Train on PBS, but my son also finds it fun to identify the dinosaurs in the book that are similar to the characters in the cartoon. He always points at the Pteranodon and tells me that dinosaur is just like Tiny, Shiny, and Don!
Win It! *******CLOSED*******
One lucky reader at The Children’s Nook is going to win a hardcover copy of Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! Mandatory Entry: Visit Bloomsbury Kids and come back here to leave me a comment with another book you would love to own.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “Enter to win a hardcover copy of Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! @childrensnook http://wp.me/pX9wg-Rt” (You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (1 entry)
- “Like” Bloomsbury Kids on Facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
Congrats to Rachel on Random.org choosing her daily tweet as the winning comment!
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on March 31, 2011. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The winner will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Bloomsbury and Walker Books for Young Readers provided me with a copy of Stomp, Dinosaur, Stomp! to try free of charge. All opinions are mine alone and based off of my experience with the product I reviewed.