Bananas are on my grocery list every week. They are my go to fruit. No matter what season it is, I can always count on getting good quality bananas at my local grocery store. The grocery store that I regularly shop at carries Chiquita Bananas; therefore, I am buying and eating them all the time. I tend to buy some yellow bananas so I can eat them right away and/or use them for baking and then I always grab a few green bananas. Once my yellow bananas are gone, the green bananas I purchased are usually turning yellow and ready to eat. I was thrilled when I was contacted by Chiquita Banana to become a Chiquita Mom. Their website offers great tips for moms as well as recipes! I make banana bread on a regular basis so I am excited to give the Chiquita sugar free banana bread recipe a try. I always let my bananas get pretty brown before I bake with them. I find my bread has the best flavor when I use very ripe or frozen bananas.
Every morning my son and I start our day with a banana. My toddler thinks it is fun to get to hold a banana with the peels dangling over his hand. They are a great source of potassium, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and more! Bananas are a convenient snack you can feel good about feeding your kids as well as yourself! If your child won’t eat a banana plain, there are a lot of great banana recipes listed on the Chiquita Bananas website.
Go here to shop online for Chiquita bananas products.
Win It! ******CLOSED******
Five lucky readers at The Children’s Nook are going to win a Chiquita Mom Kit which includes:
- Chiquita Mom’s Flip Book
- Chiquita Banana Recipe Cards
- Chiquita Moms Grocery Tote Bag
- Chiquita Moms Freezer Bags
- A coupon for FREE Chiquita Bananas
Mandatory Entry: Visit Chiquita Banana and come back here to leave me a comment sharing what recipe you would like to try.
Extra Entries (Leave a separate comment for each extra entry)
- Subscribe to The Children’s Nook via email (3 entries) The subscription must be confirmed!
- Follow The Children’s Nook on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow Chiquita on Twitter (1 entry)
- Tweet the following: “Enter to win a Chiquita Banana Prize Pack @childrensnook http://wp.me/pX9wg-KE” (You may tweet once a day for 1 entry per day)
- “Like” The Children’s Nook on Facebook (1 entry)
- “Like” Chiquita on Facebook (1 entry)
- Comment on any other non-giveaway post on this blog (1 entry)
- Blog about this giveaway and post a link to your blog post in the comments below (2 entries)
- Enter any of my other current giveaways (1 entry per giveaway)
- Place my button from this website on your blog (2 entries)
Congrats to Linda Lansford, Susanlanai, Ashley, Katherine, and Pam L on Random.org choosing your winning comments!
Giveaway will end at 11:59 p.m. (central time) on January 21, 2011. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The winners will be selected by random.org and will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.
I was provided with a Chiquita Banana Kit including, Chiquita Banana Recipe Cards, Baby Safe bowl, spoon, fork, and cup set, Chiquita Mom grocery tote, Chiquita Mom Freezer Bags, and a coupon for FREE Chiquita Bananas to try free of charge. All opinions are mine alone and based off of my experience with the product I reviewed.